The Miele MS2121SL Lightweight Canister Vacuum Cleaner is a lightweight, durable and versatile unit that will last for years. This model comes with a Miele extra-large bag, an STB 205-3 turbo head, a brush for parquet floors, and much more.
As with all of Miele’s canister vacuums, it features the company’s powerful 1,200 watt motor. The suction control is located on the back of the unit in the form of an electronic dial; it can be set from 200 to 1,200 watts to clean wall-to-wall carpeting, throw-rugs, hard flooring, furniture, drapes, or just to run quietly.
- Built in Germany. Twenty-year average lifespan, powerful and lightweight. Features the powerful 1,200 watt Miele motor.
- Six different speed settings, so every surface gets the perfect amount of suction, whether working on drapes, hard flooring or carpets.
- Miele’s parquet floor brush and STB 205-3 turbo head come standard. The rotating roller is activated by the force of the suction coming through the head to pull up fluff and pet hair, and loosen dirt in carpets and rugs. Particularly well suited to low-pile carpets and rugs.
- Great maneuverability; ergonomically designed hose; stainless steel parts.
- The telescoping extender comes standard with crevice and upholstery tools and a dusting brush.
Miele S2121 Capri Pros:
- This model features the quality workmanship that Miele is known for and it is remarkably versatile.
- Light and powerful – The Miele S2121 Capri canister vacuum is super powerful but not heavy at all.
- It’s considered by many a super light weight vacuum.
- Easy to move around – This isn’t a heavy vacuum that you can’t take upstairs as needed. It’s made to be easy to take where ever you need to clean.
- Quiet – One reviewer noted that the Miele S2121 Capri canister vacuum was not as noisy as the previous vacuums they had owned. It doesn’t require you to yell to someone while its on.
- It is small and very efficient – It’s very small which makes it very efficient at doing its job.
- Tall people approved – One reviewer was 6’3 and stated that the Miele S2121 Capri canister vacuum could handle his height easily which is rare with many vacuums.
- Maneuvers easily – If your home has a lot of tight corners you will enjoy just how easily the Miele S2121 Capri canister vacuum glides around it with little effort from you.
- Great attachments – Many reviewers noted that they enjoyed the many attachments the vacuum comes with. They make cleaning easier. The accessories are stored on the canister, so there’s no need to worry about mislaying them.
- The ability to select different motor speeds is a definite advantage – This is particularly useful if furniture or curtains need to be cleaned, because the suction can be adjusted to clean delicate fabrics.
- The swiveling head is simple to handle, and the beater bar can be turned on or off.
Miele S2121 Capri Cons:
- Cord is a little short – This was a minor problem for some reviewers. They wished the retractable cord was just a bit longer.
- The Miele MS2121SL canister vacuum cleaner does have a tendency to tip over, but this doesn’t detract from its performance – if it is held by the hose this happens less often.
- It does get a bit expensive to replace the bags and filters. However, to own a quality vacuum like this one, you should expect to put a small investment into it.